I switched out the section on where blocks with a fork of the code given at Pavel Dabrytski’s great talk on Ping Pong TDD.
Here are the links for the talk:
- Butterfly Game - Flutterby Includes the source for the slides
- Video Store
- Roman Numerals in Groovy
- Youtube Video
Further watching and reading
My talk was inspired by many sources, here’s a bunch of links that I didn’t have time to punt during my talk.
- Testing Java, Groovy, Spring and Web Applications with Spock
- Idiomatic Spock with Rob Fletcher
- Official Documentation
- Groovy in Action, Second Edition A Wonderful reference/tutorial for the Groovy language. A must have if you plan to write Groovy on a daily basis.
- Advanced Groovy Tips and Tricks Despite the name, it’s very accessible to Java developers who know little to nothing about Groovy.
- Bodil Stokke: Reactive Game Development For The Discerning Hipster
- Reactive Programming with RxJS While the book is good, the source can be tricky to navigate and does not use consistent versions of RxJS (where the API changed). If you do read this book, writing the examples in TypeScript is a must-have.
- Refactoring - Improving the Design of Existing Code
- Clean Code, Episode 3 - Functions - Uncle Bob The Video Store refactoring can be found under the “Extras” section of the episode.